Digital 1st year
I am supplying you with six high resolution scans taken from an old science book. I would like you to look though these scans and choose parts of them to blend together into digital collages. I do not want you to add anything more than what is already in the images, but rather just make adjustments to what is already there.
Examples of things you can do,
• Cut out elements and resize/reshape
• Change colours (Invert or hue saturation could be useful)
• Brightness contrast
• Repeat images
• Create a background
• Use blending modes and layers
Examples of things I do not want you to do,
• Add text
• Paint over images with the paintbrush
• Use simple filters (use filters only if you know how to blend them in with opacity, blending modes and layering)
• Scan in your own imagery
• Use any other files other than the ones supplied
Timeline: 4 weeks
This is not a race to see who can finish first or how quickly you can use Photoshop. Take the time to play around with some options and effects. For those of you that do finish quickly I would like to ask for your help in assisting those that do not have as much experience in Photoshop.
Output: Three A5 prints
To be printed in the last week (or when you are done)
Each week I will look at some of the basic skills you can use to complete this project.
The first week is selecting cutting and pasting